Humanity Aid Service (HAS) is a south Sudanese based humanitarian and development non-profit NGO founded on 19.11.2012 and registered by the Ministry of Justice under the serial NO 1015 and granted certificate of operation NO 288 by Relief and Rehabilitation Commission (RRC). Formerly, the organization was called Youth Technology Development Organization (YTDO) and on 15th August 2018, the general assembly of the organization passed a resolution NO 00221 to change the organization’s name to Humanity Aid Service (HAS) and have it re-registered under chapter 3, section 10 of NGOs Act, 2016 as a national organization Reg. NO 234.
To see a world where all humans are treated with dignity, honesty and equal respect, versatile and health society for sustainable peace and meaningful development.
Restoring lost hopes, Commitment to save lives, Cultural Transformation, Empower and give life skills to Communities, Women, People with special needs, Migrants, Asylum seekers, Refugees, Youths, Child Rights to Education, Creation of platforms for people to learn from each other and dialogue among themselves on issues of concern. To reach too hard to reach locations with humanitarian and development services to the world needy populations.
To improve the health, education and peace in the community through community sensitization, advocacy and to maintain an informed resilient communities for fostering a sustainable peace and meaningful development.
The main purpose of the organization is to promote Humanitarian support and further the development of the health service and livelihood in South Sudan. And to provide assistance and carryout health and developmental projects in the most affected areas by man-made or natural disaster.
- Health care services’ provision
- Sustainable development
- Peace building programs
- Educational development
- Sanitation and Hygiene
- Protection of Women empowerment
- Gender Based Violence Issues
- Children Sensitive awareness
- Capacity building trainings
- To do all such other things as are incidental or conductive to the attainment of any of the above objectives.
CORE VALUES AND STRENGTHS
Integrity: We value transparency and accountability in our entire profession work, with clear policies and procedures, while displaying the utmost level of honesty in our financial dealings; we hold these to be the most essential elements of our work ethic.
Inclusiveness: we are committed to engaging, supporting and recognizing the value of all members of society, regardless of race, religion, gender, nationality, ethnicity, age, physical or mental ability, socioeconomic status and geography.
Effectiveness: We value efficiency and excellence in all our work, constantly challenging ourselves to perform better, to meet and exceed programme targets, and to improve and deepen the impact of our interventions.
OBJECTIVES AND AIMS OF THE ORGANIZATION
The organization aims to promote the following principles and objectives:
SPECIFIC WORK OBJECTIVES INCLUDE
- To empower communities to access quality health services, to prevent diseases and be able to respond to the underlying determinants of health.
- To educate and transform into a holistic human person through accurate, original and interdisciplinary programs in order to build a just and peaceful world.
- To promote community resilience and capacity for improved livelihoods through sustainable development oriented programs.
- To create a favorable atmosphere for a just and peaceful world where people have equal rights to engage and participate in the affairs of their community.
Message From Thomas Muto Samuel, Executive Director, Humanity Aid Service
Thank you all for the positive contribution both in kind and cash and those who volunteered and committed their time to the Service of humanity through HAS fellowship for community service program (FCSP) in South Sudan, supporting children, elderly people and women. Thanks to HAS program development manager Jimmy Akuku, Mr Kei Julius, Admin and Finance manager, Moro Moses Mawa Field Program officer and all HAS team.